We understand that amputation can take a toll on your physical and mental health. In this process of gaining normalcy in your lifestyle, one of the most important things is to cater to your health – i.e. to focus on your nutritional uptake to form a healthy bond with your body.
We’re here to let you in on the top ten ways that will definitely help you achieve your healthy lifestyle. Take a stroll through :
- Taking care of your water intake – We all know that more than half our body is water content. It regulates our bodily functions. You should drink at least 2 litres of water every day!
- Decrease your Sugar intake – Try to switch from sugar rich foods to fruits to crave your sweet tooth. Sugar intake often leads to lethargy and may cause inflammation.
- Aiming for the Greens – Leafy green vegetables are a great source of nutrition to place in your diet.
- Focussing on Protein consumption – We are told to consume protein to build muscle, but that is not all – protein consumption helps in healing tissue repair, and immunity building. Depending on your dietary preference; for non-vegetarians, you can seek high protein food like fish or chicken. For vegetarians, seek sources like legumes and beans.
- Focus on food contents that promote wound healing – Apart from protein intake, focus on Vitamin C and E intake. You’ll find it in food content like Fruits (citrus especially), nuts (almonds, hazelnuts, etc.), milk, eggs and so on.
- Cutting the plate size – If you’re advised to cut calories, start using smaller plates. If you’re still hungry after eating smaller portions, go for a refill, you’re less likely to over-consume via this method.
- Switch to healthy eating – Avoid junk food as much as you can. Switch from soda to juices, from junk oily food to healthy alternatives. It’s a lifestyle choice!
- Plan your meals – Planning your meals for a week ahead gives you ample control over your consumption and reduces the chance of junk food intake.
- One step at a time – Don’t aim on bringing all the changes in one go, start with the small steps and slowly build your routine!
- Consult a nutritionist – It is always great to get professional advice and follow it religiously.
For further queries you can reach out to us and we’ll be there to guide you through-out. It’s time to Step it up with Instalimb – Contact us today!