We wake up, brush our teeth, wash our face, and take a bath. A general process of keeping our body clean and healthy. As an amputee you have an external device which is now a part of your daily life. To ensure the safety of you and your prosthesis, follow the motto of keeping your socket clean and the liner cleaner!
Mentioned below are a few tips to maintain your hygiene and protect yourself from all kinds of bacteria that could have multiplied due to sweat and friction.
- Socket care – Make sure to wash it daily with soap and water, Use a damp cloth to wipe it. It’s also important to keep the artificial leg dry. It’s advised to wash it at night to have ample drying time by the next day.
- Maintain liner hygiene – Clean your liner each day after removing it. Use hot water and any time of cleaning soap for 30-40 seconds. Wash it thoroughly to remove the soap. It’s also suggested to have more than one liner in case it takes a lot of time to dry out.
- Taking care of your Artificial leg – It is extremely important to take care of your prosthesis.
- This will not only make it last longer but will also ensure overall cleanliness.
- Store it in a dry place.
- Moreover, lie it flat on the floor, to prevent fall/breakage.
- Clean it using a damp cloth.
- Regularly check the parts to catch up in case of any issue.
- For detailed tips do check this!
- Stump care – Limb care and stump care is essential to an amputee’s health and mobility. Moreover, to read the tips in detail look here!
For further insight, don’t forget to call our certified experts. This is the time to reach out to us and even try a test socket free of cost. Step it up with Instalimb – Contact us today!