Traditional method of casting and recasting can get messy and time consuming. Well, did you know there is an efficient and accurate way to measure your stump without casting? Yes, it’s 3D Scanning.
Three Dimensional (3-D) Technology provides an accurate image of any object that can be animated or exist in real life. 3D technology to develop the three-dimensional shape of the stump and provide a much more accurate shape and size of the patients. However, the 3D Scanning technology helps the patients not to cast any plaster on their stump and enhances their experience in terms of developing new artificial limbs or prosthetics.
There are several benefits of 3D Scanning that are mentioned below:-
- 3D scanning not only improve the fitting but also provide 90 to 95 percent accuracy towards the measurement of the stump.
- It allows us to make several modifications as and when required.
- Use of Plaster of Paris is not required as in winter POP does not set easily.
- Reduces the time and effort of the patients in the clinic.
- The Scanning process provides a smooth process for the patients.
- In winter it is difficult to cast paster and get a proper mold for the prosthetic. This results in a fit issue and decrease in accuracy.
- 3D Scanning improves the fitting and provides accurate measurements.
Choosing a prosthetist wisely can help you to get proper fitting and accuracy for your stump. As a result it will enhance compatibility and provide more comfort. It’s necessary to make a smart decision and get a more comfortable socket. It will help you to boost your confidence while walking. Socket fitting is the priority for the patients. It helps them to become successful while having a perfect walking posture. However, you can visit one-stop amputee guide! Here for further information and better guidance.
If you’re looking for a new prosthetic device, interested in a test fitting, confused if a new socket will be the right fit, or any other queries, this is the time to reach out to us. Step it up with Instalimb – Contact us today!