Every device needs maintenance and a regular check. Similarly, your Artificial leg is a mechanical device in its core, and to ensure proper functioning a routine care is essential. Today, we’ll be sharing a few tips with you that will help you to elongate your prosthetic’s life.
Mentioned below are the tips to help you achieve that :
1. Do not attempt adjusting your prosthetic by yourself – Ask for support as self adjustment might lead to worsening in the alignment and comfort.
2. Add a reminder for daily cleaning – The parts of your liner that come in contact with your skin can be wiped with normal soap/water to ensure cleanliness and prevent bacteria from proliferating.
3. Don’t submerge your Artificial leg under water unless advised i.e don’t swim without consulting your Prosthetist.
4. Don’t lift anything beyond the weight limit given by your Prosthetist.
5. Examine the parts daily to ensure proper functioning of your device.
6. Contact your Prosthetist (PO) – if you face any difficulty either mild or major.
Wondering where to find a good PO? – Call us! Our experienced and certified Prosthetists are waiting for you.
In addition to maintaining your device, you need to take ample care of your stump as well. Reach out to your POs or rehabilitation professionals to keep your exercises at par with your fitness goals. To begin with for below knee amputees and for above knee amputees – refer to these.
For nutritional guidance – refer to our “Top 10 ways to lead a healthy lifestyle as an amputee”
For further queries you can reach out to us and we’ll be there to guide you through-out. It’s time to Step it up with Instalimb – Contact us today!