As a new amputee, we understand that there’s a lot going through your mind. As we’ve said all along, we’re here to help you and ease you through the process. Below are a few tips to guide you, these will not only help you to enhance the use of your prosthetic but also improve your general health.
- Trust your Prosthetists – The best way to take care of your stump and aid your rehabilitation is to follow your PO’s commands and recommendations. This will help you gain ample confidence to use your prosthetic device.
- Take utmost care of your stump (residual limb) – Always examine your stump on a regular basis, you can clean your stump with normal soap and water everyday to prevent any infection from budding.
- Clean your Prosthesis properly – Clean the insides of your liners regularly, and examine your socket and socks (if you wear any).
- Create achievable goals for your rehabilitation and follow them without procrastination – With the help of your Prosthetist (PO) make a set of goals that you need to achieve. It may be walking a certain distance everyday, exercising regularly, examining your gait with the help of friends/family/PO/yourself, and more such activities that fasten your rehabilitation process.
- Reach out to your prosthetist immediately if you face any issue – In case any issue arises in your device, immediately reach out to your Prosthetist (PO) to ensure safe usage of your device. Don’t work through the issue on your own without surety.
- Have a positive outlook in life – As a new amputee and the bundle of questions and doubts that surround you, it’s really important that you focus on your future goals. Things may seem bleak at first, but with a positive attitude and the right guidance you can achieve all your goals. We’re here to help you throughout.
- Exercise on a regular basis to maintain your stump and body health – There is no doubt in the fact that exercise is of utmost importance in the process of your rehabilitation. You need to follow your healthcare providers commands and work towards your health.
It is really important to create achievable goals for your rehabilitation. For further queries you can reach out to us and we’ll be there to guide you through-out. It’s time to Step it up with Instalimb – Contact us today!